AGT Property Management & Lettings Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
Our website address is: http://www.agtpml.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection law, the data controller is AGT Property Management & Lettings Ltd.
How we collect data about you
We collect data about you that you provide to use when using our website, through emails, telephone conversations, property visits and document completion for example when you:
· Enquire about properties to rent
· Apply for a tenancy at a property
· Request an appraisal of your property
· Ask us to let or manage your property
· Engage with us on social media
We may also collect personal information relating to you using automated technical means when you visit our website.
We may also receive information about you from third parties and publicly available sources, for example:
· Credit reference agencies
· Utility providers
· Local Councils
· Land Registry
· Referencing Providers
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us/landlord and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to tell us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes.
UK data protection law also gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at our postal address.
We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means that there may be some legal reasons why we cannot comply with all requests.
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.